Wednesday 1 March 2017

February 2017 Wrap Up


In February I read four books and one manga volume but I also ended up DNFing two books.  Here's a list of the books I read and some of my thoughts on them.

Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter book 9) by Nalini Singh - 4/5 STARS
I really love this series.  It's an adult urban fantasy/paranormal romance series and each book centres on different characters but they still feature a lot of the characters from the other books.  I really liked this book and can't wait to read the next in the series. 

   

Storm Glass (Glass series book 1/ Chronicles of Ixia book 4) by Maria V Snyder - 3/5 STARS
I read the Poison Study trilogy a few years ago and really liked them and I kept meaning to continue with this series.  The Glass trilogy is set in the same world as Poison Study but has a different main character.  I didn't like this one as much as Poison Study.  I didn't like the main character and thought the overall story was a bit disjointed.  I thought Storm Glass was boring in parts but I still think this series can be interesting at times.



The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick - 2/5 STARS
Just like with Marcus Sedgwick's other books I thought the storytelling in this book was interesting but, unlike his other books, I felt the plot of it fell short.  I was really disappointed in this book. This book is split into four parts, each part is set in a different time with a different plot and characters.  I didn't feel connected to any characters or parts of the story/stories despite them all being different and so I ended up not really caring about what happened in it.



Horimiya Vol 1 by Hero and Daisuke Hagiwara - 3/5 STARS
This manga was fun to read but I didn't like it as much as I've liked other manga series. I'll probably continue with the series but right now I'm not in a rush to do so.



This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity book 1) by Victoria Schwab/ V.E. Schwab - 3/5 STARS
I thought the world of this book, a world where violence breeds monsters, was really exciting to read.  The world the author created in this book was the thing I liked the most about it.  I didn't like the main female character and I thought the general plot, and how the story went, to be very generic. 

  



The books I DNFed were:
Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel- I DNFed this book at around the halfway point. - I was interested in the beginning of this book by the whole mystery of the outbreak but after that, when the book went forward to how the world was now, I got bored of it.  There were character flashbacks that took up a lot of the book and I thought they weren't really needed. 

Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison book 1) by Jaymin Eve  - I also DNFed this book when I was about halfway through it. - I read a lot of paranormal books with many supernatural creatures in them because it's one of my favourite genres to read so when I read the premise of this book I was really intrigued.  I ended up really disliking the main character and as the story went on I was less excited about it.




February was kind of a bad reading month for me since most of the books I read I ended up rating 3 stars or under and then I DNFed two books so I thought I'd talk about some non bookish things I enjoyed in February. I finally watched a new K-Drama series, I watched School 2013 in February and IT WAS SO GOOD.  There was so much emotion and the BROMANCE was one of my favourite bromances in a K-drama (HEUNGSOON!!), they went through so much together! :').
I also watched season 3 of Haikyuu! What an intense season, I loved it and can't wait for season 4! Also BTS' comeback was in February and seriously I've just been listening to Spring Day and Not Today nonstop!

What did you read in the month of February? 

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great reading month! I've had This Savage Song on my shelf since last Summer. I need to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't love a lot of the books you read this month😩. I'm really looking forward to reading this savage song because I've heard some great things about it. Same goes for station eleven so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people love This Savage Song and Station Eleven and I hope you end up loving them too when you read them. :)

      Delete