Friday 5 May 2017

April 2017 Wrap Up

In April I read two books and DNFed two books.  Here is a list of the books I read and some of my thoughts on them.

Sleeping Giants (Themis Files book 1) by Sylvain Neuvel - 2/5 STARS
This book sounded exciting and the first 20% of it was but after that I just felt that the plot grew a lot weirder and began to make less sense and I also didn't really like any of the characters.



Radio Silence by Alice Oseman - 4/5 STARS
I really liked this book.  I loved the storyline of it and liked how it felt so current with the main character being obsessed with an internet podcast.  The story really held my interest from start to finish which was great.




The books I DNFed were:
Remix by Non Pratt
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Lesley Walton



I didn't have the best reading month in April but I am more hopeful for May since A Court of Wings and Ruin and Lord of Shadows are being released and those are two of my most anticipated books.  
In April I watched the anime Erased and really loved it.  I also watched 13 Reasons Why which I thought was great.  I read the book years ago and I loved the book so much so I'm really glad I liked the tv series.  I was really surprised at the acting in the show and how it really brought the characters to life.  Some songs I've been obsessed with recently have been Selena Gomez' Only You which was on the 13 Reasons Why soundtrack and I've also been listening to KARD'S song Rumor on repeat. 

What books did you read in April? Or what are some things you watched in April? 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but good things about Radio Silence. I need to get that one!! I hope you have a wonderful May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good book and also a really quick read. Thanks! :)

      Delete