Saturday 1 July 2017

June 2017 Wrap Up

In June I read five books and DNFed two.  
Here is a list of them and some of my thoughts on them.

Lord of Shadows (book 2 in The Dark Artifices trilogy) by Cassandra Clare - 5/5 STARS
As expected, I loved this book. It was a great sequel to Lady Midnight and I love how real the characters feel.  I am so excited for the third and final book in this trilogy but I can't believe we have to wait so long for it!



Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley - 5/5 STARS
I felt so many different feelings during this book, it's a highly emotionally charged book.  And I think more people should definitely read it as I think this book is a very important book.



Burn for Me (book 1 in the Hidden Legacy series) by Ilona Andrews - 4/5 STARS
I really enjoyed this book.  I liked the characters and thought the world was very interesting.  If you're looking for a new urban fantasy series then I'd really recommend this book. It's one of those 'don't judge by its cover' books. 



White Hot (book 2 in the Hidden Legacy series) by Ilona Andrews - 4/5 STARS
I thought this was a great continuation to the series and I really liked finding out more about the characters in this series.



The Wrath and the Dawn (book 1 in The Wrath and the Dawn series) by Renee Ahdieh - 2/5 STARS
I was really disappointed by this book.  I've wanted to read it since it came out but I really didn't like it.  I didn't like the characters and found the overall storyline to be boring. I won't be reading the next book.




The two books I DNFed were:
The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North
Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne



I'm really happy with my reading in June, I read a lot of great books.  Also in June I watched the anime Yuri On Ice.  I loved it so much, it was so fun to watch (and that intro is so addictive).  Another thing I watched in June was Westworld, the tv series.  I really loved this too, there were a lot of twists and turns and the world was so interesting.  I can't wait for season 2.

What did you read or watch in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment