The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag is a tag I seen going around on Booktube. The original video can be found here. This book tag is all about the physical aspects of books and it seemed fun so I thought I'd join in.
1. Best colour combo on a book cover: I love the colour combos of all the Paper Girls volumes, they all look so eye catching.
2. Best typography/font on a book cover: There are a lot of pretty fonts on books but I really liked the look of the font on Proof of Forever.
3. Best simple cover: I chose Beautiful Broken Things for this question because I think the cover is simple but still very striking.
4. Best endpages: I like the colour and patterns on the end pages of Sylvia Plath's Ariel.
5. Best map: It's hard to chose just one map because there are so many beautiful ones out there so I chose a book I read this year and enjoyed, which was The Cruel Prince by Holly Black.
6. Best naked hardback: I think Rainbow Rowell has some of the best covers and naked hardcovers of her books, they're all so pretty.
7. Best back cover: I chose the Puffin Chalk edition of Peter Pan for this. I love the typography and the quote.
8. Best chapter headers: I like these cute but kind of sinister smileys chapter headers in More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera.
9. Best illustrations: Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick has some of the best illustrations I've seen in books.
10. Best spine: Landline by Rainbow Rowell has such a pretty book spine.
11. Favourite cover on your shelves: For this I chose two books. I chose Wither by Lauren Destefano which has been one of my favourite covers for years, it very beautiful and suits the book so well. And I also chose We Are Okay by Nina LaCour because I love the artwork and colours used on the cover.
What do you think of my choices? What would be some of your answers for this tag?