Monday 4 March 2019

Book Review: Song of Sorrow (Sorrow #2) by Melinda Salisbury

Book: Song of Sorrow
Series: Sorrow book 2
Author: Melinda Salisbury
Genre: YA fantasy

{I was sent a free copy of this book by the publisher but all thoughts and opinions are my own}

Sorrow Ventaxis has won the election, and in the process lost everything... 
Governing under the sinister control of Vespus Corrigan, and isolated from her friends, Sorrow must to find a way to free herself from his web and save her people. But Vespus has no plans to let her go, and he isn't the only enemy Sorrow faces as the curse of her name threatens to destroy her and everything she's fought for.

My Rating: 5 STARS

My Review:
I loved Song of Sorrow, it was such an exciting read.  Song of Sorrow begins with Sorrow trying her best to hold Vespus off on his plans whilst also trying to protect her friends and from the very start, where we see the fallout of the ending of State of Sorrow until the end where everything is wrapped up, I was so engrossed in the story.

I was already so attached to the characters in the first book but I loved them more in this one.  I loved how we got to see all of Sorrow's friends interacting together and I thought those scenes were so fun to read.  Sorrow and Irris's friendship was still heavily focused on in Song of Sorrow which I was glad to see because I love their friendship.  We also see more of Luvian and his family in this book and I loved reading more about him.

There are so many great characters in this duology and I loved how well written they all are.  I liked how much Sorrow grew from the beginning of this book and where she is at the end, her character journey was so nice to read about.

The plot was full of surprising twists and turns like the first one and I loved how in Song of Sorrow you could really feel the stakes were raised.  

Overall I loved Song of Sorrow and I think it's a great ending to the duology.  If you liked the political intrigue in the first, you will love this one.  I thought it was an exciting read from start to finish with amazing characters that I'm going to miss reading about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment