Sunday 1 January 2017

December 2016 Reading Wrap Up



In December I read a total of five books, one short story and one comic book.
Here is a list of them and a brief sentence or two of my feelings on them.


Dark Matter by Blake Crouch -- 2/5 STARS
I thought the overall concept of this book was interesting but I just didn't connect with it.  I disliked the main character from the start because I felt he came across as very pretentious.  


Gemina (The Illuminae Files book 2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff -- 5/5 STARS
I loved this book and I thought it was just as thrilling to read as the first book.  The format of this series makes for a really exciting read.  


Magic Steals (short story from the Kate Daniels series) by Ilona Andrews -- 4/5 STARS
I really enjoyed this short story and it was nice to read more about the characters in this series.


The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong -- 2/5 STARS
I didn't really like this book.  I thought the storyline was very unrealistic and the way the plot went made it even more unbelievable. 


An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare and illustrated by Cassandra Jean -- 4/5 STARS
I really enjoyed flipping through this book and seeing all the beautiful artwork of each character.  This book doesn't really provide any new information but I think it's a great book to own if you're a big fan of the Shadowhunter world.




 Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick -- 4/5 STARS
I loved the story telling of this book (just like I did with Marcus Sedgwick's other book, Midwinterblood).  It's told it such a unique way that makes it so intriguing to read.  I'll definitely be reading more of his books in the future.


Paper Girls Volume 1 by Brian K Vaughan and illustrated by Cliff Chiang -- 4/5 STARS
I really liked Paper Girls a lot more than I was expecting to.  I thought the artwork was beautiful, I loved the colours that were used.  And I found the storyline really exciting and fast paced.  I can't wait to read the next volume.





That's it for all the books I read in December 2016.  What books did you read in the month of December?

No comments:

Post a Comment