Sunday 18 June 2017

Book Review: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy #1) by Ilona Andrews

Book: Burn for Me
Series: Hidden Legacy book 1
Author: Ilona Andrews
Genres: adult, urban fantasy, paranormal romance


Nevada Baylor is faced with the most challenging case of her detective career—a suicide mission to bring in a suspect in a volatile case. Nevada isn’t sure she has the chops. Her quarry is a Prime, the highest rank of magic user, who can set anyone and anything on fire. 
Then she’s kidnapped by Connor “Mad” Rogan—a darkly tempting billionaire with equally devastating powers. Torn between wanting to run or surrender to their overwhelming attraction, Nevada must join forces with Rogan to stay alive. 
Rogan’s after the same target, so he needs Nevada. But she’s getting under his skin, making him care about someone other than himself for a change. And, as Rogan has learned, love can be as perilous as death, especially in the magic world.

My Rating: 4/5 STARS
My Review:
I love the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews so I was really interested to read another new urban fantasy by the same authors.  Burn for Me has been out for a few years now but the second book was just recently published so I decided to (finally) start this series.  And I'm glad I did because I really liked this book.

In Burn for Me magic is passed down through generations after the government created a special serum that gave people magical powers and I liked how that was explained, it was really interesting.

I really liked the main character, Nevada, and one of my favourite things about Burn for Me was Nevada's family and the relationship they have with each other.  Nevada runs an investigation company with her family, which includes her mother, grandmother, her sisters and her cousins.  It was so much fun to read about their family dynamics and I loved how protective they were of each other.

I really enjoyed the overall storyline, it was exciting and fact paced.  I found Mad Rogan (the main male character and love interest) interesting to read about.  How his character and his background are described makes me want to read more about him to try to figure him out.  I really liked the relationship between Rogan and Nevada although I would've preferred the romance side of their relationship to go more slower.

Overall I really enjoyed this book.  I liked the characters and I thought the storyline and world was exciting and fresh.  I think if you're looking for a new urban fantasy/paranormal romance then you should definitely check out this series as it does not disappoint.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment