Tuesday 20 June 2017

Top Ten Tuesday- Series I've Been Meaning to CONTINUE But Haven't Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
The week's topic is: Series I've been Meaning to Start but Haven't.  But instead I'm changing it to: Series I've been Meaning to Continue but Haven't yet.


Cainsville series by Kelley Armstrong
I've read the first two books in this series (Omens and Visions) but I really need to get around to continuing with this series.




The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken
I read the first book in this trilogy a few years ago but I still haven't picked up the next book in the series.



Fever series by Karen Marie Moning-
 I've read the first six books in this series and I've really enjoyed them but for some reason I haven't read the 7th book (Burned) yet.  I do have the book on my kindle so I hope I can get around to it soon.



Psy-Changling series by Nalini Singh
I've read the first two books in this series.  It's quite a long series so maybe that's why I've been slow to continue with it.




Age of Legends trilogy by Kelley Armstrong
I've read the first two books in this trilogy but I haven't picked up the last one.  Part of the reason for me not continuing is that I've kind of forgotten what happened in the first two books and this trilogy doesn't really leave a lasting impression on me so I don't really know if I do want to finish this trilogy or not.




Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
I've read the first four books in this series and I really like this series but I'm not too sure if I want to continue with it or not.



Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson
I've read the first three books in this series and I know some people choose to stop there and not continue with the series as the first three books are their own story and it concludes that story arc in the third book.  But I have read the blurb for the fourth book and the premise sounds really interesting so I am looking forward to reading the rest.



The Chronicles of Ixia/Study series by Maria V Snyder
I've read the Poison Study trilogy and I've also read the 4th book in the series (the first book in the Glass trilogy) and although I enjoyed the Poison Study trilogy I found the 4th book to be just okay.   




The Others series by Anne Bishop
This is a series I've decided to take my time with.  I've read the first three books in the series but I need to pick up the fourth book.




Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
I really like this series and I've read the first 8 books but I haven't gotten around to reading the 9th or 10th that are out but I really should because I feels like I haven't read these books for a long time.




What series have you not got around to continuing yet?
   

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but The Darkest Minds was on my list this week too and a couple of the others are on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read the rest of The Darkest Minds trilogy, it's been on my tbr for such a long time. :)

      Delete
  2. I've read most of the Outlander series. I like them, too, but they are such a huge commitment and sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the characters and storylines across thousands of pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely a huge commitment, I'll probably read the 5th book then decide if I want to continue with it. :)

      Delete
  3. I never finished the Age of Legends trilogy, either! I only read the first book, and although I also enjoyed it, much like you it hasn't left a very lasting impression. I really need to finish the Mistborn series as well, and I really want to start Outlander! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might end up just not finishing the Age of Legends trilogy because there are so many other books I want to read more. Outlander is a great book, I hope you enjoy it too! :)

      Delete