Saturday 2 February 2019

January Wrap Up 2019

What I Read:


Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices book 3) by Cassandra Clare - 5 STARS
I love the Shadowhunter world and I really enjoyed reading this book.  The ending made me feel so nostalgic so now I really want to reread the series. 

Enchantée by Gita Trelease - 4 STARS 
{I received an ARC of this book from the publisher but all thoughts and opinions are my own}
I was so pleasantly surprised by this book.  The time period and setting of this book was described beautifully and I thought the characters and plot were very interesting to read. 


Vengeful (Villains book 2) by V.E. Schwab - 3 STARS
I liked Vicious a lot but was disappointed in this book.  The complex characters and their relationships felt almost pushed to the side in this one in favour of other new characters who just weren't very interesting.  

Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard - 4 STARS
This was a reread for me this month and I really enjoyed it just as much as the first time I read it.  This is such a great YA contemporary centred on strong female friendships. You can find my full review of it here
  
Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things book 2) by Sara Barnard - 3 STARS 
{I received an ARC of this book from the publisher but all thoughts and opinions are my own}
I really hoped Fierce Fragile Hearts would've kept to the same strong themes of the first book but I was disappointed that it didn't.  You can read my full review of it here.



Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa - 3 STARS
I was really looking forward to reading this book but it wasn't what I was hoping for.  I loved Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey and Blood of Eden series but I didn't like the Talon series and Shadow of the Fox really reminded me of Talon.  I found the characters and the overall storyline to be a bit bland. 

Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter book 11) by Nalini Singh - 4 STARS
I enjoyed this instalment in the Guild Hunter series but the cliffhanger ending is making me really wish I had've waited until the next book was out to read it, I can't wait to see what happens next.



My January Bookstagram pictures (xo_reader_kyla):
  


What books did you read in January?

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read Vengeful. I am hoping to do that soon while Viscous is still fresh in my mind. I also can't want to read Queen of Air and Darkness, but I need to read Lord of Shadows first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Vengeful more than I did. Both Lord of Shadows and Queen of Air and Darkness are amazing and I hope you like them too!

      Delete