Tuesday 3 July 2018

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag 2018

The Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag is a tag where you look back on the books you've read so far this year.  It's a tag that's been going around booktube for a few years, you can find the original video here.

Questions:
1) Best book you’ve read so far in 2018 - I've read so many great books this year but my favourite of my favourites would be The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.


2) Best sequel you've read so far in 2018 - I haven't read many sequels this year but I loved Obsidio (The Illuminae Files book 3) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.


3) New release you haven't read yet, but want to - Legendary (Caraval book 2) by Stephanie Garber

4) Most anticipated release for the second half of the year - I already did a post talking about my most anticipated releases for the last half of the year, you can find that here.
5) Biggest disappointment - A Court of Frost and Starlight (ACOTAR novella) by Sarah J Maas


6) Biggest surprise - Heart of Mist by Helen Scheuerer

7) Favourite new author (Debut or new to you) - I really loved the writing in The Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley-Doyle so I'm looking forward to reading more books by her.

8) Newest fictional crush - I don't really have a new fictional crush but I do have a lot of new favourite characters.

9) Newest favourite character - Evelyn Hugo (from The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo), Izzy O'Neill (from The Exact Opposite of Okay) and Angel, Jimmy and Lister (from I Was Born for This)


10) Book that made you cry - The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
11) Book that made you happy - I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman

12) Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year. - I haven't really watched many films this year. 

13) Favourite review you've written this year. - Probably The Exact Opposite of Okay or Heart of Mist review.

14) Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received) - I love the cover of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo so probably that one.

15) What books do you need to read by the end of the year? - I really want to reread The Darkest Minds then continue with the rest of the series.


I really enjoyed doing the tag.  It's fun to look back on all the books you've read this year and see what they mean to you.  What would be some of your answers for these questions?

4 comments:

  1. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is SUCH A MASTERPIECE, I cannot scream enough about how good it was. I don't cry on books, but it made me tear up various times, so it was definitely impactful. I haven't read The Spellbook of the Lost and Found, but the author's debut, The Accident Season was FANTASTIC, so I definitely think you should check it out. :) Also, we are in the same shoes - I also need to reread The Darkest Minds. I read it 2-3 years ago, and barely remember anything, so I cannot continue the series without a reread first. I can't wait to read The Exact Opposite of Okay, my friend has been raving about it constantly. :)

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is definitely one of those stand out books you won't forget! I'm glad you liked The Accident Season, I'm even more excited to read it now. The Exact Opposite of Okay is another book that really leaves an impression on you. :)

      Delete
  2. I had The Darkest Minds trilogy on my Kindle forever, and when the news of the movie and new book came out, Cyra, from Rattle the Pages, decided to do a four book read-a-long. We just finished book two, Never Fade, which was better than book one for me, and thats saying something because I really liked book one. I hope you have time get to them soon. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked Never Fade even more, I'm excited to finally get around to reading the rest of the series! :)

      Delete