Sunday 1 July 2018

June 2018 Wrap Up

What I read in June:


I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman - 5/5 STARS
This book was amazing and I loved the characters so much.  I really liked reading about both sides of a fandom, one of the fan and one of the person that they're a fan of.  I found this book to be so relatable.  I'll be doing a full review of it soon. 

The Gods Lie by Kaori Ozaki - 2/5 STARS
I picked this book up on a whim and didn't know much about it but I ended up not really enjoying it.  I didn't really care about any of the characters or the overall storyline.

Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy book 3) by J.R. Ward - 4/5 STARS
I really enjoyed this book, I'm glad we got to finally read about who Saxton ends up with and I was surprised at how much I ended up liking Ruhn.  I liked reading more about Novo's history but I'm not really sure how I feel about Peyton.


We Are Young by Cat Clarke - 3/5 STARS
This book deals with some heavy issues but it didn't have much of an emotional impact on me and I didn't like any of the characters especially the main character. 

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid - 5/5 STARS
This is one of my favourite books of this year and probably of all time.  The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo emotionally wrecked me (I'm not joking).  This book has constantly been on my mind since I finished it.  It's such a beautiful heart wrenching book.  I can't actually put into words how much I loved it. I would really recommend reading this, no matter what genre you prefer, just read it.

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe book 1) by Neal Shusterman - 4/5 STARS
I really liked this world and story.  It's such a good read and a really interesting concept.  Neal Shusterman does so well at crafting these new worlds that are so believable and scary.  I do still prefer Unwind because I feel that series is a lot more chilling and therefore more memorable but I did like and enjoy reading Scythe.


Here are some of my bookstagram pictures for June.  You can find me at: xo_reader_kyla


June was a really good reading month for me, two of the books ended up being my favourites.  Also in June I finished the anime I started in May which was Violet Evergarden.  This anime really surprised me, each episode was emotional and I really liked the overall story.  I also watched the first season of Free! in June which I also loved, now I know why everyone loves this anime.  I'm currently watching the second season.  

What did you read or watch in June?    

2 comments:

  1. I think I have only seen great reviews for The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, so I am starting to be more interested in reading it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing book, I hope you decide to read it! :)

      Delete