Tuesday 17 July 2018

Top Ten Tuesday- Favourite Novellas/ Short Stories

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This Week's topic is: Favourite novellas/short stories.


The Assassins Blade by Sarah J Maas
I read the novellas of the Throne of Glass world before the first book was published and these are probably my favourite novellas.  I was so surprised at how rich and interesting the world was when I read them, they completely drew me into the story and world of Throne of Glass and made me want to read more. 


The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
I love the stories in this collection.  Each story felt so imaginative.


Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare -
 I loved these short stories because we get to see a lot more of the characters from all of Cassandra Clare's series.  I love how complex and well developed each character is.


Unstrung (Unwind 1.5) by Neal Shusterman
This was a great short story set in the Unwind world.


Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs
I enjoyed some of the stories in this collection, they were both fascinating and strange to read.

I don't have many listed for this week's topic but a lot of them are bind ups/collections.  What are some of your favourite short stories or novellas?

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Language of Thorns and The Assassin's Blade! Also I totally forgot about the Unwind novella-there's a whole bindup of them called Unbound which is really great!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/07/17/top-ten-tuesday-168/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I liked Unstrung, too. I usually prefer standalone short stories. I think that’s the only story connected to a novel series that I’ve ever read.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete