Friday 5 July 2019

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag 2019


I did this tag last year and I love how it makes you reflect on your reading for the first half of the year so I really wanted to do it again this year.

THE QUESTIONS:

1) Best book you’ve read so far in 2019 - The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles - 
This is such a beautiful book and I really hope more people read it.



2) Best sequel you've read so far in 2019 - Song of Sorrow (Sorrow book 2) by Melinda Salisbury and In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children book 4) by Seanan McGuire - 
I know I cheated by picking two books for this question but they were both amazing.



3) New release you haven't read yet, but want to - Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff



4) Most anticipated release for the second half of the year - Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle book 3) by Jay Kristoff



5) Biggest disappointment - Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa - 
I was very disappointed in this book, the story and characters felt very generic and dated.



6) Biggest surprise - Enchantée by Gita Trelease - 
I was surprised by this book because although it sounded interesting I had heard some mixed reviews of it before I started it so I was a bit hesitant on it but I liked the book a lot, I really enjoyed the story and the setting of it.



7) Favourite new author (Debut or new to you) - Akemi Dawn Bowman
I read both of Akemi Dawn Bowman's books this year and I really liked the writing of them.  I found the writing to be very quotable so I'm looking forward to reading more of their books.



8) Newest fictional crush - Luvian Fen (Sorrow duology by Melinda Salisbury) - 
I don't usually get much crushes on characters these days but I did like Luvian so I'll pick him for this question.  Technically I first read about Luvians character last year when I read State of Sorrow but I feel like we get to see a lot more of his character in Song of Sorrow.

9) Newest favourite character - Mister Kindly (The Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff) - 
I don't know if Mister Kindly counts since he is more of a creature but I think he's really unique.  He's a sarcastic shadow cat companion to the main character and I really like reading about him.



10) Book that made you cry - The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles - 
Seriously, more people need to read this book!

11) Book that made you happy - The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers - 
I liked how open the world/universe of this book was. 



12) Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year
I don't really have an answer for this because I don't think I've watched many book to movie adaptations this year so far. 

13) Favourite review you've written this year
I didn't know what to choose for this one so here is my review for my favourite book of the year so far: The Air You Breathe

14) Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received) - Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid - 
I love the edition of Daisy Jones that I have.  It's signed and has black sprayed edges. 



15) What books do you need to read by the end of the year? - The Great Alone and Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - 
I own both these books but still haven't read them yet, I keep meaning to because I loved The Nightingale by the same author and I need to read more of their books.



What are some of your answers to these questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment