I did this tag last year and I love how it makes you reflect on your reading for the first half of the year so I really wanted to do it again this year.
1) Best book you’ve read so far in 2019 - The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles -
This is such a beautiful book and I really hope more people read it.
2) Best sequel you've read so far in 2019 - Song of Sorrow (Sorrow book 2) by Melinda Salisbury and In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children book 4) by Seanan McGuire -
I know I cheated by picking two books for this question but they were both amazing.
3) New release you haven't read yet, but want to - Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
4) Most anticipated release for the second half of the year - Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle book 3) by Jay Kristoff
5) Biggest disappointment - Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa -
I was very disappointed in this book, the story and characters felt very generic and dated.
6) Biggest surprise - Enchantée by Gita Trelease -
I was surprised by this book because although it sounded interesting I had heard some mixed reviews of it before I started it so I was a bit hesitant on it but I liked the book a lot, I really enjoyed the story and the setting of it.
7) Favourite new author (Debut or new to you) - Akemi Dawn Bowman -
I read both of Akemi Dawn Bowman's books this year and I really liked the writing of them. I found the writing to be very quotable so I'm looking forward to reading more of their books.
8) Newest fictional crush - Luvian Fen (Sorrow duology by Melinda Salisbury) -
I don't usually get much crushes on characters these days but I did like Luvian so I'll pick him for this question. Technically I first read about Luvians character last year when I read State of Sorrow but I feel like we get to see a lot more of his character in Song of Sorrow.
9) Newest favourite character - Mister Kindly (The Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff) -
I don't know if Mister Kindly counts since he is more of a creature but I think he's really unique. He's a sarcastic shadow cat companion to the main character and I really like reading about him.
10) Book that made you cry - The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles -
Seriously, more people need to read this book!
11) Book that made you happy - The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers -
I liked how open the world/universe of this book was.
12) Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year -
I don't really have an answer for this because I don't think I've watched many book to movie adaptations this year so far.
13) Favourite review you've written this year -
I didn't know what to choose for this one so here is my review for my favourite book of the year so far: The Air You Breathe.
14) Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received) - Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid -
I love the edition of Daisy Jones that I have. It's signed and has black sprayed edges.
15) What books do you need to read by the end of the year? - The Great Alone and Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah -
I own both these books but still haven't read them yet, I keep meaning to because I loved The Nightingale by the same author and I need to read more of their books.
What are some of your answers to these questions?