Tuesday 2 July 2019

June Wrap Up 2019

What I Read:


A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers book 1) by Becky Chambers - 4 STARS
I really enjoyed this book and thought the universe and alien species that the author created were very interesting and made me want to read more about them.  Each species had so much depth and complexity while still being easy to understand.  I really liked the characters and the story of this book.

A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers book 2) by Becky Chambers - 4 STARS
I went straight onto the second book in this series after finishing the first and although it isn't about the same characters as the first, I still enjoyed this book a lot.  I found this book to be a lot more emotional than the first and I liked the flashback chapters that told the characters backstory.

Record of a Spaceborn Few (Wayfarers book 3) by Becky Chambers - 3 STARS
I was torn between giving this book 2 or 3 STARS (I still might change it).  I enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy and was shocked at how disappointed I was in this book.  I didn't feel connected to any characters and felt that the characters and the overall storyline felt a bit pointless. 


Blog Posts I Did In June:









My June Bookstagram pictures (xo_reader_kyla):



I feel like I didn't read much in June, I just read one trilogy, but I did enjoy most of the books.  What did you read in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment