Monday 6 August 2018

BookTubeAThon Wrap Up 2018

Booktubeathon 2018 is over which is sad but I ended up reading four books during it which I'm really happy with and I ended up doing almost all the Instagram challenges which were a lot of fun.  I already talked about some of the books I read in my July wrap up but I'll just list them again.


Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward children book 1) by Seanan McGuire - 4/5 STARS
This book was a quick read, it's only around 170 pages but I was surprised at how vivid the world and story were for that many pages.  I'm really excited to read more from this series.


A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard - 3.5/5 STARS
Usually I don't do half ratings but I was very torn on rating this book.  I loved how much this book talked about anxiety but the romance of the book made me really dislike it.  


The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds book 1) by Alexandra Bracken - 4/5 STARS
I had already read this book a few years ago but I reread it to remind myself on the details of it.  I enjoyed the reread of it but a lot of things stood out to me which hadn't the first time when reading it, one of the things that stood out was I didn't really like Ruby's character at all during this reread.  I still thought the book was good which was why I went onto reading Never Fade. 


Never Fade (The Darkest Minds book 2) by Alexandra Bracken - 3/5 STARS 
I didn't like this book as much as the first book and reading it made me realise that I wasn't as excited to read this series as I would've been had I read it years ago.  It became very predictable and Ruby annoyed me even more in this book.  I do think this series is good but I'm just not excited to read it anymore so I don't think I'll read the next book.


Here are some of the pictures I took for the Instagram challenges.  You can find me at: xo_reader_kyla



Did you participate in this year's Booktubeathon? What did you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment