Tuesday 21 August 2018

Top Ten Tuesday- Books To Pull You Out Of A Reading Slump

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is: Books To Pull You Out of a Reading Slump.  Reading slumps are always different for each person so I thought I'd do a fun recommendations post today, I've split it into different categories.

Books With a Great Writing Style That Will Just Suck You In:

The Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman

Books With an Interesting Concept That Will Make You Want To Know More About the Book:

They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

Books With an Action-Packed Plot That Will Make You Want To Keep Turning The Pages:

A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files book 1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Re-Reading Old Favourites To Make You Get All Those Feels Back Again:

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
The Host by Stephenie Meyer


I didn't even realise I had an orange theme going on until I was adding the book covers. What books would you recommend to get out of a reading slump?

6 comments:

  1. The Gentleman's Guide and Illuminae are both on my list! Harry Potter also made it onto my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely some exciting books to help get out of a reading slump! :)

      Delete
  2. These are incredible choices! I agree GGTVAV and a great way to get out of a slump! For me I'd recommend to read books you truly love and have an emotional connection to ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you organized this post. Harry Potter can always get me out of a slump. I really loved Gentleman’s Guide and Illuminae, too.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Harry Potter is my main go-to for getting out of a book slump! :)

      Delete