Thursday 2 August 2018

July 2018 Wrap Up

What I Read in July:


Dearest Ivie (Black Dagger Brotherhood novella) by J.R. Ward - 2/5 STARS
I didn't really like this novella.  I didn't like the characters or feel any connection to them and the characters are the main thing I like about the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood so I was surprised at how much I disliked the characters in this novella.

Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe book 2) by Neal Shusterman - 4/5 STARS
I enjoyed Thunderhead even though I found parts of it to be predictable.  The ending was very action packed and exciting.

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee - 4/5 STARS
I was surprised at how fun and exciting I found this book to be, it's such a great adventure story.  I liked the characters and even though I loved reading about the adventurous situations the characters found themselves in I also liked how much more depth the story had to it.  


Vicious (The Villains book 1) by V.E Schwab - 4/5 STARS
I really liked Vicious, I loved how morally complex the characters were and I loved the way the story was written where we see how the characters are in the present then we get flashbacks of how they were before years ago.  I'm excited to read more about these characters. 

Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children book 1) by Seanan McGuire - 4/5 STARS
I liked this book and thought it was very well written.  I loved the general idea of it and I think the author created a great world that is going to be interesting to read and explore more about in future books.

A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard - 3.5/5 STARS
I debated on whether or not to rate this 3 or 4 stars.  I liked the focus on anxiety in the story but I was put off by the romance.  I felt it really wasn't needed and I would've much preferred to read about the main characters dealing with their own issues rather than reading about their romance. 


Here are some of my Bookstagram pictures for July.  You can find me at: xo_reader_kyla


I had a good reading month in July and liked a lot of the books I read.  What books did you read in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment