Friday 17 August 2018

Friday Excerpts: A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood

Today I'll be sharing some book excerpts with these bookish features:
Book Beginnings is a weekly feature (hosted by Rose City Reader) where you post the first sentence of the book you're currently reading. 
The Friday 56 is a weekly feature (hosted by Freda's Voice) where you get a book and turn to page 56 (or 56% on ereader) then post a interesting sentence from that page with no spoilers. 


A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood

Blurb:

Growing up in her sleepy Cornish village dreaming of being a writer, sixteen-year-old Lou has always wondered about the grand Cardew house which has stood empty for years. And when the owners arrive for the summer - a handsome, dashing brother and sister - Lou is quite swept off her feet and into a world of moonlit cocktail parties and glamour beyond her wildest dreams.

But, as she grows closer to the Cardews, is she abandoning her own ambitions... And is there something darker lurking at the heart of the Cardew family?



Beginning:
PROLOGUE - 
It all started with an apple.  Trouble often does, I suppose, and this particular apple was a real troublemaker - a Pendragon, red-fleshed and sweet, that I stole from someone else's orchard.


Friday 56 (56% on my ereader):
I know where I am happiest, and it is somewhere between watching from a tree branch and being the star.


My Thoughts:
I really like the beginning of this book, it definitely held my attention and I really like the writing of this book so far.


Have you read A Sky Painted Gold? What are your thoughts on the quotes from it? 

2 comments:

  1. This does sound like an interesting story. I'm adding it to my wishlist. This week I have As Death Draws Near by Anna Lee Huber - a historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulled me in!! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete