Friday 1 March 2019

February Wrap Up 2019

What I Read:


Nana vol 1 by Ai Yazawa - 3 STARS 
Nana vol 2 by Ai Yazawa - 3 STARS 
I did like the first two volumes but I don't feel fully connected to this series yet but I definitely think it's a series where the characters grow a lot as the series goes on so I'm hoping I'll love the next few volumes more.


Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman - 4 STARS
Starfish is one of those hard hitting emotional books that talks about a lot of heavy topics so at times it was tough to read but I'm really glad I did read this book.  I loved the writing and I really liked the way the author described anxiety in this book.

Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid - 4 STARS
I liked the overall plot of this book and the premise of how your life could be different had you made another choice.  I loved the writing, it felt so easy to read and flowed really well, I quickly flew through the book.

In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children book 4) by Seanan McGuire - 5 STARS
This is my favourite book in the Wayward Children series, I loved the other books in this series but I felt a special connection to this one.  I loved Lundy's story, it's so beautiful and bittersweet and I loved the world and the characters Lundy made friends with.  


State of Sorrow (Sorrow book 1) by Melinda Salisbury - 4 STARS
I reread this book for a readalong this month and I enjoyed reading it again.  It's a great fantasy with a lot of political intrigue and interesting characters.

Song of Sorrow (Sorrow book 2) by Melinda Salisbury - 5 STARS {I was sent a free copy of this book by the publisher}
I loved Song of Sorrow and thought it was a great end to the duology.  I was so engrossed in this book and loved reading about all the characters, I'll be posting my full review of it soon.


My Bookstagram pictures for February (xo_reader_kyla):



TV:  I watched some great TV series' in February, like:
Tidelands- I started watching this on a whim, I didn't know too much about it but I really enjoyed it.  It's a series about Sirens and it's full of mystery, I liked a lot of the characters and the last few episodes were full of action and twists.
Strong Woman Bong-soon - This is now one of my favourite kdramas, I loved it so much.  I loved the overall storyline and loved the characters, I didn't want this series to end. 
The Umbrella Academy - This has been getting a lot of hype recently and I have to say it definitely deserves the hype.  I now have quite the obsession with this series.

MUSIC: I loved the comebacks of MONSTA X (Alligator) and Dreamcatcher (PIRI) this month, I've been obsessed with these songs.

I'm happy with my February wrap up, I read and loved a lot of the books and found some favourite TV series in February.  I hope March will bring the same.  What did you read or watch in February?

No comments:

Post a Comment