Friday 11 January 2019

Books I Want To Re-Read In 2019

Years ago I used to love rereading books but over the last few years I haven't been doing it much but this year one of my bookish goals is to reread more books. I know some people prefer not to reread books but I've always loved going back and rereading my favourites and picking up all the new details I missed the first time or so around.  And sometimes I like rereading books to remember all the little details I've forgotten before moving onto the sequel.   

I thought I'd show you some of the books I'm planning to reread this year (although I feel like this list is very ambitious of me, I know I won't get to them all). 



Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard - I liked this book a lot when I read it the first time and I really want to reread it before the second book comes out next month.

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black - I liked The Cruel Prince and I've heard many people say The Wicked King is better than the first so I really want to reread The Cruel Prince to remind myself of the details of what went down.

His Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers - I want to reread this series before reading Courting Darkness because I really loved these books but it's been years since I've read them and I really want all the details of the series to be fresh in my mind before reading Courting Darkness. 

The Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare - This is probably my biggest challenge to reread since I want to reread all the Shadowhunter books (The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, The Dark Artifices and all the books/ short stories in between) and I want to reread them all before Chain of Gold is released.  I know...it's a lot.  But this is the series I want to reread the most because I love it so much and after finishing Queen of Air and Darkness I really wanted to go back to where it all began with City of Bones and go through all those emotions again.  

The Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - I know I'm in the minority of people when I say I prefer the Shadow and Bone trilogy over the Six of Crows duology but I really want to reread the Shadow and Bone trilogy before reading King of Scars.


So those are the books I'm planning on rereading this year. Do you like rereading books? Do you plan on rereading any this year?


2 comments:

  1. I also prefer the Grisha trilogy to the Six of Crows duology! (It's probably mostly due to SoC being so hyped and Grisha being so forgotten.) I didn't read Shadow and Bone before I read Siege and Storm, but considering I only read S&S a year and a half after S&B, I totally should have. I barely remembered anything! Good luck with your rereads!

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers the Grisha trilogy and I felt the same about Six of Crows being hyped!

      Delete