Tuesday 1 January 2019

My Favourite Books of 2018

Happy New Year! 
I read so many great books in 2018 so here is a list (in no particular order) of my favourites!


Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
This is a wonderfully written story about lost things and I loved how mysterious the story was.


The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
I loved this story so much and it's definitely one of those heart wrenching stories you won't forget.


Obsidio (The Illuminae Files book 3) by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Obsidio kept up the same action packed, high stakes pacing it had in the previous two books and I loved that.


Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels book 10) by Ilona Andrews -
This is the last book in this series and it was sad to say goodbye to the characters but I thought it was a great ending to an amazing series.


Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles book 1) by Helen Scheuerer -
Reign of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles book 2) by Helen Scheuerer -
The Oremere Chronicles books have surprised me so much, I loved these two books but I feel that they are so underrated and I really want more people to read them.


I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
I loved how the author tackled the subject of being in a fandom and also being the subject of a fandom in this book, and I loved the characters.


The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven -
I didn't expect to love this book as much as I have.  Izzy (the mc) is one of my favourite main characters and I thought the story was very impactful. 


Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass book 7) by Sarah J Maas -
I'm so sad this series is over but I really loved how epic this finale was.


What are some of your favourite books of 2018?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but I do plan on reading Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff's next collaboration, Aurora Rising. My favorite book of 2018 was probably The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Beautiful writing, absolutely heart-wrenching plot, and some of the most haunting characters I've read in a while. Plus lots of murder. Which is always fun.

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aurora Rising is one of my most anticipated books of the year! I haven't read The Secret History but the way you describe it is making me really intrigued!

      Delete
  2. I also read Obsidio, Kingdom of Ash and Evelyn Hugo this year and I loved them too! Happy new year, Kyla! :)

    Megan @ http://www.booksbirds.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them too! And the same to you!

      Delete
  3. Great list of books here! I keep hearing so many things about The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo! It seems to be everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much hype of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo but it's definitely worth it!

      Delete