Friday 21 December 2018

Friday Excerpts: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

Today I'll be sharing some book excerpts with these bookish features:
Book Beginnings is a weekly feature (hosted by Rose City Reader) where you post the first sentence of the book you're currently reading. 
The Friday 56 is a weekly feature (hosted by Freda's Voice) where you get a book and turn to page 56 (or 56% on ereader) then post a interesting sentence from that page with no spoilers. 

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic book 1) by V.E. Schwab 


Blurb:
Most people only know one London; but what if there were several? Kell is one of the last Travelers—magicians with a rare ability to travel between parallel Londons. There’s Grey London, dirty and crowded and without magic, home to the mad king George III. There’s Red London, where life and magic are revered. Then, White London, ruled by whoever has murdered their way to the throne. But once upon a time, there was Black London...


Beginning:
1.
Kell wore a very peculiar coat.
It had neither one side, which would be conventional, nor two, which would be unexpected, but several, which was, of course, impossible.


Friday 56 (page 56):
The initials on his knife.  There were so many things he didn't understand⎯would never understand⎯about the weapon, its monogram, and the life that went with it.


My Thoughts:
I'm about 30% through this book and I'm loving the world that V.E. Schwab has created and the characters are so interesting to read.


Have you read A Darker Shade of Magic? What are your thoughts on the quotes from it? 

4 comments:

  1. I have this one on my wish list!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you read it, and Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. This series has quickly become one of my favorites!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first book and I feel like I'll love the sequels even more!

      Delete