Monday 31 December 2018

December Wrap Up 2018

What I Read:


Letters From Father Christmas by J.R.R Tolkien - 4 STARS
This was such a nice Christmas read.  It's a collection of letters from Father Christmas that J.R.R Tolkien wrote to his children each year and it was a lot more heart warming than I expected it to be.



A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic book 1) by V.E. Schwab - 4 STARS
I finally started this series after hearing so many great things about it and I'm glad it didn't disappoint me.  I really enjoyed this book and find the world and characters that V.E. Schwab has created very interesting. 


My December Bookstagram pictures (xo_reader_kyla):


December is always my worst reading month so I wasn't too surprised that I didn't read many books.  I did also read a short story called 'The Little Match Girl' by Hans Christian Andersen, which was such a short sad story but I'm glad I read it.  I had a fun Christmas with my family, Christmas time is always one of my favourite times of the year!

What books did you read in December? 

2 comments:

  1. I am a simple creature. I see Tolkien, I click.

    I haven't started ADSOM yet, but I'm also weirdly certain it's not going to disappoint me? I just don't like starting new series when I could knock standalones off the TBR, so I've been putting it off for three. years. BUT I WILL DO IT THIS YEAR. I actually read a surprising amount this December! My favorite reads would have to be The Reluctant Godfather by Allison Tebo and This Way to the Sugar by Hieu Minh Nguyen.

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about standalones sometimes but I really love how attached you become to the characters of a book when reading a series. I hope you love A Darker Shade of Magic!

      Delete