Monday 17 December 2018

The Joy of Christmas Book Tag



I seen this tag going about Booktube and I really liked the questions so I thought I'd do it.  The original video can be found here.  So let's get on to the tag!

QUESTIONS:

1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?

Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman - This is the first book in the Aurora Cycle series and it isn't released until almost mid 2019 but I'm so excited for it.  I loved the Illuminae Files trilogy and the blurb of this sounds just as amazing.

2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?

Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles book 1) by Helen Scheuerer - I absolutely loved this book when I read it at the beginning of the year and I feel like not many people know about it so I can't help but recommend it to people. 

3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?

Wayward Children series by Seanan McGuire - I really like the worlds that Seanan McGuire has created in this series and I love how intricate they are.

4) A Christmas Carol: Favourite classic or one that you want to read

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - I haven't read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland but I've seen a lot of quotes from it that makes me really want to read it. 

5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?

Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices book 3) by Cassandra Clare - This book has been out for nearly two weeks now and I still haven't read it yet even though it was one of my most anticipated reads of the year.  I definitely plan on reading it by the end of the year but I'm just in a bit of a reading slump now but hopefully that will pass soon. 

6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling?

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson - I read this graphic novel a few years ago and I was so surprised at how much I loved it.  I loved both the story and the artwork.

7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favourite book covers?

Wither by Lauren DeStefano and We Are Okay by Nina LaCour.

8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favourite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favourite Christmas memories?
Christmas is my most favourite time of the year.  I love having fun with my family and just generally getting in the festive mood. 


What are some of your answers for these questions?  

4 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for The Wicked King to be released!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for The Wicked King too and I've heard many good things about it already from people who have read the arcs so that's making me even more excited to read it!

      Delete
  2. Awesome tag! I might have to steal it as well haha. I'm really excited for The Fever King by Victoria Lee and Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston.

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete