Wednesday 1 May 2019

April Wrap Up 2019

What I Read:


Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle book 2) by Jay Kristoff - 5 STARS
I loved Godsgrave and The Nevernight Chronicle series has quickly became a favourite of mine.  I loved the overall plot and the character development in this book and loved the new characters that were introduced.

The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air book 2) by Holly Black - 3 STARS
I was disappointed in The Wicked King, I found it an entertaining read but didn't think there was much development with the characters and their relationships with each other. 

A Girl Called Shameless (Izzy O'Neill book 2) by Laura Steven - 3 STARS
I loved The Exact Opposite of Okay and I like Izzy's character but I don't think there needed to be another book.  I wasn't as emotionally invested in this book as I was the first book.


Summer Blue Bird by Akemi Dawn Bowman - 4 STARS
This book was a very emotional read and I really liked how it was about two sisters and what they meant to each other.  

Nana vol 3 by Ai Yazawa - 3 STARS
I am starting to enjoy this series more as it continues and I did like this volume but I don't feel fully into the story yet.

Wildcard (Warcross book 2) by Marie Lu - 4 STARS
I loved Wildcard even more than Warcross and I love how this duology ended.  I felt more attached to the characters in this one and I liked finding out more about their back stories.


Blog Posts I Did in April:



Other Words for Smoke by Sarah Maria Griffin Book Review {I was sent a free copy of this book by the publisher to review}




My April Bookstagram pictures (xo_reader_kyla):


I participated in the Easter Readathon in April and I'm very happy that I managed to complete all the books I put in my tbr.  What did you read in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment