Saturday 1 September 2018

August Wrap Up 2018

What I Read in August:


The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds book 1) by Alexandra Bracken - 4/5 STARS
This was a reread for me and although I did enjoy it, I found some things annoyed me more this time around.  

Never Fade (The Darkest Minds book 2) by Alexandra Bracken - 3/5 STARS 
I didn't like this one as much as the first and because of that I don't plan on continuing with the series. 

A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood - 4/5 STARS
I really liked this book, I loved the writing and the story really drew me in.  It's a great read and I did a full review on it here.

Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant book 1) by Ilona Andrews - 4/5 STARS
I really liked this book much more than I thought I would.  Hugh was an antagonist in the Kate Daniels series so it was really interesting to read about how much his character changed in this book.  I really liked the plot and I liked a lot of the new characters introduced in it so I'm excited for the next one.


Here are some of my Bookstagram pictures for August.  You can find me at: xo_reader_kyla



I didn't really have the best reading month in August, I didn't read as much books as I wanted to but hopefully I'll read more in September.  

What books did you read in August?

2 comments:

  1. Four books is better than I used to do before I started my book blog! This guy bought The Darkest Minds and Simon when I was at work the other day and I just wanted to say "you go boy" but I just let him buy his books.

    I read a lot of really long books in August (three books in the Throne of Glass series, two books in the Red Queen series, two books in The Mortal Instruments series) and I'm exhausted with long books right now. Time to read something short.

    Have a great September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like you read a lot of great books in August, I love the Throne of Glass and The Mortal Instruments series! :)

      Delete