Saturday 20 October 2018

DIY Spooky Harry Potter Themed Bookmarks

I decided to try my hand at making some DIY spooky bookmarks and to be honest it didn't turn out as well as I hoped.  I only made two bookmarks and they are both Harry Potter themed.  

Here are some of the things I used (and I did use watercolour paint which I don't know is the greatest thing to use on a bookmark since it makes it curl up and the colour could rub off but I like the effect it gives):

For the first bookmark I painted the bookmark to look like a brick wall. I probably could've done a little better at this.


Then I wrote on it, with a red marker, the words 'Enemies of the heir...BEWARE'. I then went over the bottom of the words with some red paint to make it look like it was (kinda) dripping.


Onto bookmark number 2.  I painted this bookmark orange to go with the Halloween theme then waited for it to dry.  I then used a thin black marker to make spider webs in each corner of the bookmark. 


Then I wrote the quote 'Follow the spiders' on it and dotted some tiny spiders on the bookmark.  

I hole punched the top of the bookmark.  I then used some white thread to tie a plastic spider decoration to the top.


These bookmarks are not the greatest and not very original but I had fun making them and I think they're great to use for Instagram pictures.  They are also easy and quick to do. 

  

What do you think?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment