Tuesday 9 October 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Longest Books I've Ever Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is: Longest Books I've Ever Read.  For this I just went to my Goodreads and sorted the books I've read by page number. 


Outlander/Cross Stitch (Outlander book 1),
Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander book 2),
Voyager (Outlander book 3),
Drums of Autumn (Outlander book 4) by Diana Gabaldon


The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle book 3) by Libba Bray
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles book 4) by Marissa Meyer
The Well of Ascension (Mistborn book 2) by Brandon Sanderson
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter book 5) by J.K. Rowling


The Passage (The Passage book 1) by Justin Cronin
Breaking Dawn (Twilight book 4) by Stephenie Meyer

It was really interesting to see what are the longest books I've ever read.  All of these books were over 750 pages and the Outlander books are all either near or over 1000 pages.

What are the longest books you've ever read?

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh the Outlander books are huge O_O

    https://lepetitphotograph.blogspot.com/2018/10/longest-books-ive-read-in-10-words-or.html

    ~Rivalie @ Le Petit Photograph

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Longest was Storm of Swords but Order of the Phoenix and Breaking Dawn were both on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game of Thrones, Order of the Phoenix and Breaking Dawn seem to be on a lot of people's lists this week!

      Delete
  3. I never did pick up The Sweet Far Thing. I really enjoyed the first two books though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Libba Bray's books, they're very atmospheric!

      Delete
  4. I've always been too intimidated to read the Outlander books. Not only is each one big, there are lots of them! How good are they? Would you recommend them?

    The longest book I've ever read has to be Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, which clocks in at around 1400 pages. But the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss and Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan are close seconds!

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked the first four books in the Outlander series and I think it's a good series but I still get intimidated by them because sometimes the story can be a bit heavy.

      1400 pages is a lot! :)

      Delete
  5. The Order of the Phoenix was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/09/top-ten-tuesday-180/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how long the Order of the Phoenix was!

      Delete