Monday 8 October 2018

Scary Book Recommendations


There are lot of great spooky books out there to read around this time of the year so I thought I'd share some of my recommendations.  These books are not very scary but most of them have a creepy atmospheric feeling to them.



Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant - This book is definitely one to get your heart pumping especially towards the end.

Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children book 2) by Seanan McGuire - This is the second book in the series and I'd recommend reading the first before this one.  I was really surprised at how much of a creepier vibe this book had to in than the first in the series.   

The Creeper Man by Dawn Kurtagich - The Creeper Man is a very weird and confusing book that left me not knowing what to make of it but the chilling atmospheric feeling it gave me makes it a great book for Halloween.

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - It's been a while since I've read this book but I remember it having a mysterious scary vibe to it.


Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - This series is definitely not as scary as it looks but it still has some eerie pictures in it that would really give you chills.

Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs - This is a collection of short stories from the Miss Peregrine's world and just like the Miss Peregrines series they aren't very scary but do have a creepy edge to them.

Through the Woods by Emily Carroll - Through the Woods is a graphic novel with five different scary stories told throughout it.  It's definitely the perfect read for Halloween.

The Diviners by Libba Bray - I cannot recommend this series enough if you're looking for a brilliantly atmospheric book with amazing characters and a great well written storyline.  This series is definitely scary. 


Have you read any of these? What scary books would you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about The Historian! I just love reading paranormal stuff. Some of my favorites would probably be Phantom of Blood Alley by Paul Stewart, The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice, The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud, and Constable & Toop by Gareth P. Jones.

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of a lot of those books, I'll have to check them out!

      Delete