Thursday 25 October 2018

Halloween Creatures 2.0 Book Tag

I've been seeing this book tag go around and it looked so much fun that I thought I'd do it myself.  The Halloween Creatures tag was created by: Anthony from Keep Reading Forward.

Witch - A Magical Character or Book


Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews -
This is a great urban fantasy series where magic and tech collide and I love how the world is described and the characters are written so well.


Werewolf - The Perfect Book to Read at Night 


Vicious (The Villains book 1) by V.E Schwab -
I think the whole atmosphere of this book really suits being read at night.


Frankenstein - A Book that Truly Shocked You


The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven -
I was really shocked at how much I loved this book.


The Devil - A Dark, Evil Character


Arobynn (Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas)
If you've read Throne of Glass you'll know just how much of an evil character Arobynn is.


Grim Reaper - A Character that Should Never Have Died


Mockingjay (The Hunger Games book 3) by Suzanne Collins
I'm not going to say the name of the character/s for spoiler reasons but I think you could guess who I'm referring too.


Zombie - A Book that Made You “Hungry” for More


Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles book 1) by Helen Scheuerer -
I read this book at the start of this year and loved it so much, I couldn't wait for the next one and since then I've also read the second which was just as great as the first and now I'm so excited for the third book in the series.


Gargoyle - A Character that You Would Protect at All Cost


Illium (Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh) -
Almost all the characters in the Guild Hunter series are amazing but I really love Illium.  


Vampire - A Book that Sucked the Life Out of You



Toil & Trouble : 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft by various authors
I was excited to read this book because I thought it'd be perfect for Halloween but I ended up DNFing it, I didn't feel attached to any of the stories and I've now realised that anthologies are not really my thing.  


Ghost - A Book that Still Haunts You


Unwind by Neal Shusterman -
I loved this series but it is set in such a scary world and that's why it's so haunting.


Demon - A Book that Really Scared You



The Diviners series by Libba Bray
I don't think I was prepared for how scary this book was, it has an incredible atmosphere to it.  It's an amazing series.


Skeleton - A Character You Have a Bone to Pick With



Danny (That Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven)
I really disliked the way he treated Izzy throughout the book. 


Mummy - A Book You Would Preserve Throughout Time


The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid -
I was going to choose Harry Potter for this question but I decided to go for something I read recently.  Evelyn Hugo is such an amazing character and I cannot praise this book enough.


Creepy Doll - A Cover too Scary to Look At


Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Even though this series isn't as scary as it first seems, the pictures on the covers and inside the books definitely are.


The Monster Mash
It’s Fun to Be with Friends on Halloween!
Tag Your Friends! 

I'm not going to tag anyone since it's already close to Halloween anyway.  This was a very fun tag to do! 
What do you think of my choices? What are some books or characters you would choose for some of the questions?

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing so many positive things about Heart of Mist! My library actually has a copy so I'm super keen to pick it up soon. I absolutely adore the cover, so I think if I end up liking it I'll probably buy a paperback for that bookstagram aesthetic, haha.

    I find it really hard to connect to short stories in a lot of anthologies. I'll usually only like a few out of them all. Even so, I bought Toil and Trouble because I love witches. I think if this one bombs I will give up on anthologies >.<

    The Diviners is my favourite ever and I love how creepy it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heart of Mist and the sequel Reign of Mist are amazing! I loved them so much, they are definitely two of my favourite reads of the year. I really like the cover as well, I have the eBook but it'd be great to have the paperback for bookstagram pictures. I hope you like Heart of Mist!

      I love The Diviners series, I don't know when book 4 is coming out but I'm so excited for it!

      Delete