Sunday 14 October 2018

Spookathon TBR 2018

I don't usually participate in many readathons but I heard about the Spookathon and thought I'd join in since I'm planning on reading a few spooky books this month.  The Spookathon (you can find out more about it here) is a weeklong readathon that runs from 15th - 21st of October and there are five challenges.


1. Read a thriller - The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich 
I don't know if this book is a thriller or not, it seems to be a bit of a mix of genres but the blurb has a thriller kind of vibe to it so I'm just going to go with it.

2. Read a book with purple on the cover - Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft by various authors
This is the group read of the Spookathon.  I've never did a group read before so this should be fun and I was planning on reading Toil & Trouble this month anyway.

3. Read a book not set in the current time period - The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
I think the beginning/prologue of this book takes place in the 1800s before the story actually starts and I don't know if it flashes back to that time period or not but I'm going to count it. 

4. Read a book with a spooky word in the title - 
Any of the three books I've chosen can be used for this challenge since they all have spooky words in them.

5. Read a book with pictures - 
I don't know if I'll complete this challenge since I don't know if any of these books have pictures in them, I suppose I'll find out when I read them.


If I do end up finishing those books I plan to read:


The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson


So that is all the books I'm planning to read for the Spookathon.  Follow me my twitter for updates on my progress.  
Are you participating in the Spookathon? 

2 comments:

  1. I am planning to pick up Toil & Trouble before the month is out as well. I actually need to go and request it from my library pretty quick here. I hope you end up enjoying all the books on your spookathon TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toil & Trouble seems like the perfect read for this month!

      Delete